A dermal filler is an injectable, biocompatible gel used to help fill in facial wrinkles, restore volume loss, and augment facial features for a smooth, youthful appearance. The gel is comprised of cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found in the skin that helps to retain moisture and give the skin a smooth, hydrated appearance, while adding volume. As we age, the amount of naturally occurring HA found within the body lessens. This reduced the body’s ability to retain moisture and leads to fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
As we age, the amount of HA within the skin decreases causing the skin to lose volume and develop fine lines and wrinkles. By injecting HA dermal fillers into the skin, you can restore volume loss for a more youthful appearance. Most dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid-based, soft injectable gels that are used to replenish and refresh your appearance.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar found in your body, which combines with the water in your skin to instantly restore lost volume and reduce lines and wrinkles. It is non-animal based, highly biocompatible, is absorbed slowly by the body and has been shown to stimulate natural collagen production. Best of all, the results are instant and natural-looking.
Discontinue use of the following 3-5 days prior to treatment:
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Aleve)
- John wart
- Omega 3 fatty acid (fish oil)
- Vitamin E
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Green Tea
*If you are using prescription aspirin or blood thinners, do not discontinue use unless permitted by your physician.
* If you have a history of cold sores, consult your physician regarding pre-care instruction.
- Swelling, redness and bruising can occur
- Herbal supplements, such as Arnica may used to decrease bruising and swelling.
- Do not touch or rub or manipulate areas of injection unless instructed by your physician
- Avoid extreme het (sun exposure, sauna, tanningbeds)for 2-3 days
- Avoid strenuous activity for 2-3 days.
- Avoid application of make-up for at least 24 hrs
- Discontinue use of retinol products for 2-3 days
Contact your physician immediately if you experience increased pain or swelling after your treatment.
Most commonly used to replace volume lost due to aging. Also popular for “volume lifting” of the cheeks, Lips, Nasolabial Lines, Marionette Lines, Under Eye, Smoker Lines and chin, resulting in a more youthful facial look.
Dermal fillers are optimized for durability, while maintaining a natural look and feel within the skin. Once injected, the length of time the filler lasts will depend on the area treated, the type of filler chosen, and some personal characteristics, including your metabolism and activity level. On average it will last between 6-12 months.
You will see results instantly! Once injected, the fillers provide immediate volume with little-to-no down time.
Yes! While we are confident that you will love your results, if you are unhappy for any reason, then a qualified and trained health care practitioner can reverse your it by injecting a solution to dissolve the filler.
The average cost of treatments ranges from $500 to $1000, depending on the injector’s qualifications and your desired outcome. For more information on prices, please ask your qualified and trained injector.
- Revanesse® is tried and tested with over 3 million syringes used worldwide. Revanesse® is the only line of cross-linked HA dermal fillers that is made in Canada. Their manufacturing facility is located just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Prollenium Medical Technologies Inc. is an ISO registered company, meets or exceeds all Health Canada regulations, and is among a select few dermal filler companies to receive FDA approval within the United States.
- Restylane® With a well-established safety profile over 20 years and 30+ million treatments, Restylane has helped make people look good and feel good around the world. The Restylane portfolio of dermal fillers and Restylane Skin boosters are designed to restore, enhance and refresh your skin’s youthful-looking appearance.