Non-invasive methods of partial area slimming such as Coolsculpting are more popular due to the absence of surgery and general anesthesia, dangerous and life-threatening problems, and a long and painful recovery period, which can occur with surgical treatments. Many clients are concerned about the cost-effectiveness index because the acceptable costs of these treatments are not comparable to the cost of surgery. It’s vital to note that these new techniques aren’t necessarily weight-loss but improved non-surgical body and limb sculpting techniques. As a result, they are marketed as non-invasive sculpting techniques in some publications.
What is Coolsculpting, and how does it work?
Coolsculpting, also called Cryolipolysis, is a medical procedure that helps remove excess fat cells under your skin. In Coolsculpting treatment, the doctor uses a unique tool to cool certain parts of your body to freezing temperatures. This procedure freezes and destroys fat cells in the part of your body that is being treated. After a few weeks of treatment, these dead fat cells break down naturally and leave your body through your liver.
Advantages and disadvantages of Coolsculpting
There are numerous compelling reasons why someone should or should not choose Coolsculpting over any other cosmetic surgery claiming to provide similar results.
- This non-surgical body shaping method is more manageable than liposuction and does not require incisions, anesthesia, or rest.
- Once your skin has adapted to the cold, the treatment is relatively easy.
- It produces good long-term results.
- We see the results can be a powerful motivation to start a healthy lifestyle.
And some disadvantages of the Coolsculpting method are
- Most people need two or three treatment sessions at 20-week intervals, and it takes months to get the desired results.
- Side effects such as pain and hyperpigmentation are expected
- Sagging skin after losing fat is common.
- If the administrator does not insert the device properly, it can cause the body tissue to sink or freeze due to the cold.
- Studies show that two-thirds of patients experience numbness in the treatment area up to eight weeks after coal sculpting.
Is Coolsculpting Effective?
Studies show that Coolsculpting is effective in reducing fat. This method reduces the volume of fat cells at the treatment site by 14 to 28%. Clinical trials have shown similar results, with a 20 to 25 percent reduction in fat layer thickness after one treatment session, and 77 percent of patients have demonstrated significant improvements in skin elasticity within one to three months. Therapy on the thigh has the highest satisfaction among patients, while treatment on the abdomen has almost negligible effect. Coolsculpting is practical and very impressive. It all comes down to the patient’s choice and expectations. Its effectiveness also depends on your doctor’s level of experience.
Even though Coolsculpting is a relatively painful method, it’s an excellent alternative to Body FX and VelaShape. There are no considerable side effects to Coolsculpting and advantages such as the high durability makes it one the most favored methods around the world. If you can’t decide which method works best for you book a consultation session online to seek a professional guidance.